- Education stages: University Level
- Period: 2013-2014
- Service: Educational Evaluation, Educational Self-Assessment, Strategic Teaching Plan and Educational Projects Manager
- Participating teachers: 25
- Website: http://es.eram.cat/
An educational evaluation in AMS (Audiovisual and Multimedia School) has been applied, consisting of an Educational Self-Assessment, the development of an Educational Strategy Plan and collective work through the Educational Projects Manager.
- Location: Girona
- Unit: Work Group for the Institutionalizing of Educational Practices
- Title/Objective: Project to cultivate interpersonal relationships to carry out the work required for the university’s cross-curricular capacities.
- Period: October 2013-June 2014
Introductory description of the centre:
The University of Girona is a public higher education institution committed to the search of excellence in teaching and investigation. The university takes an active role in societal progress and development through the creation, transmission, diffusion and review of the sciences, technology, humanities, social sciences and the arts.
The University of Girona is rooted in both the country’s psyche and in Catalan culture. Moreover, it is one of the main economic and cultural driving forces within its remit. At the same time, the institution expresses the values of universality and openness to all beliefs, creeds and cultures.
The university is headquartered in Girona City and it is integrated in the Catalan public university system.
Work process and development of the course methodology:
These steps are followed:
- The centre provides its educational objectives.
- Based on these objectives, the technical team establishes what the ideal educational intervention model or educational profile of the applicable stage should be. It also defines the organizational characteristics of the centre and the professional development of the teachers.
- The teaching staff respond to a factual analysis questionnaire, with the answers illustrating what can be expected at the centre at this time.
- Based on the present situation of the centre, educational improvement projects are established, which are necessary to attain the desired educational standard.
- The centre then prioritizes these projects based on what is likely to be the most effective and successful, related to the teaching-learning process.
- The technical team prepares the Educational Strategy Plan and the centre presents it to the faculty for approval.
The centre acquired its Educational Strategy Plan (ESP). In the ESP, activities to improve time in the classroom were identified as well as the corresponding connection with the centre’s organization and professional development of the teaching staff, in the short, medium and long term.