Education stages: Preschool, Primary, Secondary-College
Periods: September 2013-June 2014
Service: Educational Self-Assessment, Educational Strategy Plan and Educational Projects Manager
Participating teachers: 99
- Location: Chía-Bogotá (Colombia)
- Unit: Work Group for the Institutionalizing of Educational Practices
- Title/Objective: Project to establish interpersonal relationships within the management team
- Period: September 2013-June 2014
Introductory description of the centre:
The Gimnasio Britanico is a group of committed educators who believe that education is at the heart of all human activity. The teachers are dedicated to the maintenance of the highest standards. Their study plan is designed to achieve a balance between academic, practical, creative and physical activities through a fully integrated, interdisciplinary approach. The centre aims to educate people from all walks of life in order to foster independence of thought, nurture creativity and inspire the search for excellence in all disciplines.
Work process and development of the course methodology:
These steps are followed:
- The centre provides its educational objectives.
- Based on these objectives, the technical team establishes what the ideal educational intervention model or educational profile of the applicable stage should be. It also defines the organizational characteristics of the centre and the professional development of the teachers.
- The teaching staff respond to a factual analysis questionnaire, with the answers illustrating what can be expected at the centre at this time.
- Based on the present situation of the centre, educational improvement projects are established, which are necessary to attain the desired educational profile.
- The centre then prioritizes these projects based on what is likely to be the most effective and successful, related to the teaching-learning process.
- The technical team prepares the Educational Strategy Plan and the centre presents it to the faculty for approval.
The centre acquired its Educational Strategy Plan (ESP). In the ESP, activities to improve time in the classroom were identified as well as the corresponding connection with the centre’s organization and professional development of the teaching staff, in the short, medium and long term.