- Education stages: Preschool, Primary and Secondary
- Period: 2013-2014
- Service: Educational self-assessment, Strategic Teaching Plan and Educational Projects Manager
- Participating teachers: 50
- Website: www.colegioviktorfrankl.edu.mx
The Viktor Frankl School is a private institution in Mexico. During the academic year 2013-2014, the school finalized an Educational Self-Assessment for various education stages (Preschool, Infant and Primary), developing a Strategic Education Plan with the tools provided by the Escalae System. To achieve this, the Viktor Frankl School used the Educational Projects Manager and material for educational improvement.
- Location: Corregidora-Querétaro (Mexico)
- Unit: Work Group for the Institutionalizing of Educational Practices
- Title/Objective: Project for the establishment of didactic unit content, the design of their specific components and content, the criteria of didactic sequences, and the determining and criteria of specific component evaluation.
- Period: September 2013-June 2014
Introductory description of the centre:
The Viktor Frankl School is a trilingual institution where its students develop the institution’s virtues, qualities and potential without limits to live to the fullest and with vitality their subsequent stages in life. Children are educated in a comprehensive manner, strengthening their abilities, promoting their happiness and cementing in them a firm foundation for their future studies.
The institution’s entire approach is based on its values and it is aimed at strengthening each and every student with love, respect, strong self-esteem, discipline, honesty, perseverance and shared responsibility.
Work process and development of the course methodology:
These steps are followed:
- The centre provides its educational objectives.
- Based on these objectives, the technical team establishes what the ideal educational intervention model or educational profile of the applicable stage should be. It also defines the organizational characteristics of the centre and the professional development of the teachers.
- The teaching staff respond to a factual analysis questionnaire, with the answers illustrating what can be expected at the centre at this time.
- Based on the present situation of the centre, educational improvement projects are established, which are necessary to attain the desired educational standard.
- The centre then prioritizes these projects based on what is likely to be the most effective and successful, related to the teaching-learning process.
- The technical team prepares the Educational Strategy Plan and the centre presents it to the faculty for approval.
The centre acquired its Educational Strategy Plan (ESP). In the ESP, activities to improve time in the classroom were identified as well as the corresponding connection with the centre’s organization and professional development of the teaching staff, in the short, medium and long term.