- Education stages: Preschool, Primary, Secondary, College and Technical basic courses
- Periods: September 2013-June 2014
- Service: Educational self-assessment, Strategic Teaching Plan and Manager of Educational Projects
- Website: http://lopedevega.es
- Location: Benidorm
- Unit: Work Group for the Institutionalizing of Educational Practices
- Title/Objective: Project to establish the social organization characteristics and the monitoring of students for the academic stages of preschool, primary, secondary, college and basic courses.
- Period: September 2013-June 2014
Introductory description of the centre:
Lope de Vega Colegio Internacional is a private, lay educational centre, with a legal personality. Under the ownership of the Fuster family, the school offers the opportunity to foster a comprehensive education to its students according to the style and purpose of its founder, Juan Fuster Zaragoza.
The main principles are based on the feeling of human life transcendence, nurturing Christian values in agreement with the Catholic faith. The classes are always taught in, and for, freedom. It is a personalized, complete and comprehensive education, both when in school and with the family. This allows for the acquisition of values and knowledge that in turn act as a guide in the search for professional and human excellence of our students. This includes human relationship development that favours the attainment of the objectives that their educational project aspires to (education in peace, in health, in tolerance; to work that is done well; and balance in our harmonious environment) and contribution to the social environment from the fruits of the student’s thinking.
Work process and development of the course methodology:
These steps are followed:
- The centre provides its educational objectives.
- Based on these objectives, the technical team establishes what the ideal educational intervention model or educational profile of the applicable stage should be. It also defines the organizational characteristics of the centre and the professional development of the teachers.
- The teaching staff respond to a factual analysis questionnaire, with the answers illustrating what can be expected at the centre at this time.
- Based on the present situation of the centre, educational improvement projects are established, which are necessary to reach the desired educational profile.
- The centre then prioritizes these projects based on what is likely to be the most effective and successful, related to the teaching-learning process.
- The technical team prepares the Educational Strategy Plan and the centre presents it to the faculty for approval.
The centre acquired its Educational Strategy Plan (ESP). In the ESP, activities to improve time in the classroom were identified as well as the corresponding connection with the centre’s organization and professional development of the teaching staff, in the short, medium and long term.