Education stages: College
Service: Educational Self-Assessment, Educational Strategy Plan and Educational Projects Manager
Participating teachers: 217
UPAEP is a university located in Puebla, Mexico, south of Mexico City. This institution had an Educational Self-Assessment for the period 2013-2014 for its various schools (Angelópolis, Atlixco, Cholula, Huamantla, San Martín, Santa Ana, Santiago and Sur). Additionally the university implemented an Educational Strategy Plan with the tools provided by the Escalae System, which are now being deployed through the development of a common work process standard. To achieve educational improvement, the Educational Projects Manager was utilised.
- Location: Puebla (Mexico)
- Unit: Work Group for the Institutionalizing of Educational Practices
- Title/Objective: Evaluation criteria for college education years
- Period: June 2013-June 2014
Introductory description of the centre:
UPAEP was founded with the profound dedication and supportive collaboration of its students, the students’ parents; teachers; founding authorities; professionals; businesspeople; institutions; and groups of a diverse nature reflecting society in general. As a result, UPAEP was established as a model of social solidarity.
UPAEP is a private Mexican university of a Catholic identity. It is inspired, founded and directed by committed Catholic laypersons. It is steadfast in everything concerning faith and traditions, and it details the field of work of the Catholic hierarchy.
The values of the Gospels, the Magisterium of the Church and its social doctrine are the values that the university hold dear. It respects individual will while at the same time demanding that its own identity is recognized and respected.
The identity of the university is therefore grounded in the following three core ideas:
- The unshakable purpose of assuming and sustaining the university’s essence, nature, mission and values
- The Catholic identity, which provided the fundamental principles and the reference framework founded by the laypersons as well as their collaborators and supporters
- The spirit, motivation and hopes of the founders, who passed on their character to the origin and development of this unique educational project.
Work process and development of the course methodology:
These steps are followed:
- The centre provides its educational objectives.
- Based on these objectives, the technical team establishes what the ideal educational intervention model or educational profile of the applicable stage should be. It also defines the organizational characteristics of the centre and the professional development of the teachers.
- The teaching staff respond to a factual analysis questionnaire, with the answers illustrating what can be expected at the centre at this time.
- Based on the present situation of the centre, educational improvement projects are established, which are necessary to attain the desired educational standard.
- The centre then prioritizes these projects based on what is likely to be the most effective and successful, related to the teaching-learning process.
- The technical team prepares the Educational Strategy Plan and the centre presents it to the faculty for approval.
The centre acquired its Educational Strategy Plan (ESP). In the ESP, activities to improve time in the classroom were identified as well as the corresponding connection with the centre’s organization and professional development of the teaching staff, in the short, medium and long term.